Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Early Bird Gets The Worm...

I remember a time when my mom used to have to drag me into antique shops.  I used to recite Shel Silverstien:  "I'm freaking, I'm freaking, my mom's gone antiquing." I don't know when exactly I become interested in "old things" but I couldn't imagine a life not surrounded by this type of nostalgia.
Though far smaller than the flea markets of Paris, Bordeaux has a once a week antique fair. 
On Sunday mornings place Saint-Michel becomes a Marché aux Puces.  




The reflection of Saint Michel.



I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad that I haven't got a house to put all these treasures into.  Sometimes I have a lonely feeling inside because I have no permanency anywhere.  Though it's probably for the best that I'm not tied to one spot at this point, it would be nice to have a home.  Then I could decorate and redecorate and have a matching set of dishes...
Someday...