Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Real Madrid...

I never thought I wanted to go to Spain.
I think mostly this was just due to naivety,  I honestly didn't really know anything about it.
I didn't know how kind and relaxed the people were.  I didn't know how the colorful the cities would be.  I didn't know how pleasant it is to walk past the neighborhood parks at ten in the evening where families still linger, socializing in the warm night air.  I didn't know how well designed and the storefronts would be.  I didn't know anything about tinto de verano.  And I definitely did not know  how amazing the food is in Spain!
But now I do, and as soon as I can, I'll be back.  The few hours I spent wandering the colorful streets of Madrid made me realize how much I needed something I hadn't even know existed.

Hasta lluego, Madrid! 



 Don Quixote?