Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Good News...

We've been wondering for a while now where our adventures would take us next.  While I long to go north and visit the art galleries of Berlin, ramble the Irish countryside, or see Sweden's Northern Lights, it's just too cold in Europe this winter to really enjoy being a traveler.  The dark skies were sort of putting a crimp in our initial plans and I had briefly entertained thoughts of perhaps just giving up and going home...
But, today we received some wonderful news that has really put a different twist on our itinerary.  While working at Shakespeare & Co. in Paris, a friend had mentioned a bookshop of similar proclivity on an island in the Greek Cyclades.  After exchanging a few brief emails with one of the owners, we're headed south to look after Atlantis Books in Santorini!
I'm really excited about the idea of being back amongst some bookshelves.  I really hadn't really wanted to leave Paris and S&Co.  (suprise, suprise.) Besides, this cold weather necessitates some books and nesting. I think a little bookshop in the Greek isles will be the perfect place to settle for a bit, get cozy with a cup of tea, and let winter pass me by.